Friday, April 25, 2014

Free Lesson Plan #5: The Farm at Sunrise


"Everything on the farm was dripping wet. The grass looked like a magic carpet. The asparagus patch looked like a silver forest."

Each project for our Art Show was inspired by a quote from Charlotte's Web and the 5th graders used this quote about the farm at sunrise to make a watercolor painting that incorporated a bit of perspective and pattern making. They also learned about the art of Grant Wood and his rural landscape paintings.

It was so interesting to see the small details emerge in each student's painting. Some have barns while others have houses. Some included animals, fences, ponds, windmills, plants or trees. And their patterns?! Some were very traditional with stripes, dots and chevrons. While others went a little...um...let's just say their crop patterns involved strips of bacon, robot parts and even cute little minions! Looking closer at these pieces really pays off - you can see them on Artsonia.





And, as promised, here is the lesson plan:

I hope you're able to use all the lesson plans from this week.

Enjoy!
~Amy


2 comments:

  1. Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote
    and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything.
    Do you have any helpful hints for rookie blog
    writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.

    My weblog; castle clash cheats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I'm using it for sub plans as I'm going to be attending the NAEA convetion this week.

    ReplyDelete