Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Art Show EXTRAS


Besides the +400 pieces of art on display from every one of my students, I always plan some fun activities for our families.

Here are the little extras that make the night extra special!

Welcome Table with programs 

 I use the Art Show as an opportunity to showcase my students' work but also my curriculum. Its important for families to see the learning targets, vocabulary and art history integrated into their child's art education. The program is handed out to all families and explains all the projects, highlights the night's activities, and thanks all the staff for their help.


Photo Booth
I found these adorable photo booth props on Etsy from UponATimeDesigns. I printed them onto cardstock and used wooden dowels for handles. They turned out super cute!



Snack Stations
For a few snacks during the Art Show, we had "chicken feed" which was really Chex Mix and then we had "spider eggs" to nibble on too. Those were green and yellow Jelly Belly jelly beans! Cute, goes with our theme, and tasty! Woo hoo!



Technology Table


We have a few carts of Chromebooks in our school, so for the show, we had four computers available for students to see their Artsonia gallery and check out their art online.

Tattoos
I found some farm-themed temporary tattoos from Oriental Trading and thought they'd make a fun station. And I saw a lot of kids with pigs and chickens and cows the following day at school so I knew who came to the show!



The evening of the show, we also had PTO-sponsored Candy Bingo as a fundraiser, so it was a packed evening of family fun. As much as I love planning the art projects for the show, I also really enjoy planning a night of thematic snacks and activities and special extras to make it a night to remember.

What else could I add to the show? If you have some ideas, please leave them in the comments!

~Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment