Thursday, December 13, 2012

Spare Time?!


 How do you know it’s the end of the trimester? All 450 report cards are done! How do you know that I'm caught up on my Artsonia uploading? Because my memory card in my digital camera is entirely empty! What is the biggest clue that I am finally, amazingly, unbelievably, and totally caught up with everything arted related?!? Because I actually had time to make THESE!!! 
Popsicle Stick Easels
One of my favorite projects for my 5th graders are "Mini-Masterpieces." They take a famous, or maybe not-so-famous, painting from my very large postcard collection and try to recreate it on a 5"x7" piece of shrinky plastic. After some beautiful coloring, layering and blending with Prismacolors, we toss their creations in the toaster oven and we all ooooh and aaaaahhhh over the amazing shrinking art! Well, as great as these projects turn out, I always struggle with how to display them. Now that I have a new display case - front and center in our school, I might add - I thought these popsicle stick easels would be a great way to display our miniature pieces of art. They took a little while to make and a few minor fingertip burns, but I figure I'll be able to use them for years.
Mini-Masterpieces from Big Bend Elementary
You can find more of their Mini-Masterpieces on our Artsonia gallery. 

By next week, I will probably feel completely overwhelmed again, but when I get these glorious (albeit temporary) moments of feeling like I've got it all together, I can't help but smile.

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment