Friday, February 10, 2017

The most beautiful papers...that you'll never see!


My kindergartners make this amazing art book throughout the year as they explore all things art. Primary colors, lines, shapes, cutting, glueing, patterns, self-portraits...whew! Well, my favorite page is Page 9 - Warm and Cool Colors. Here's the jist of it: they put a piece of plain white paper on a large tray, I come around and shoot the paper with a large spray bottle of water, they quickly drop individual pieces of tissue paper onto the wet paper and POOF - the tissue papers stick! I walk around spraying and they keep adding squares of tissues. 


The next day, when the entire piece is finally dry, I take it to the garbage can and shake, shake, shake until all the tissue papers fall off! Because we used BLEEDING tissue papers, their white paper has transformed into a beautiful tie-dye masterpiece!




The kids love the wet tissue papers but they have no idea how beautiful my garbage gets to be for the day! I only wish I didn't have to throw it all away - there MUST be another project that I could use these tissues for...any ideas?!?


~Amy

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't refrain from commenting. Very well written!

    ReplyDelete